Earls Court Gallery is excited to launch its 2023 exhibition calendar with “VIEW LIFE” featuring Mimmo Baronello (Toronto), Brenda Nieves (Toronto), and Diana Rosa (Toronto). As a way to get to know the artists beyond their biography write ups, here is a Q & A that gives insight into the artist’s process, technique and what inspires them.
Diana Rosa in studio
- At what point in your life did you realize that you wanted to pursue the arts professionally?
I always wanted to pursue the Arts professionally. I grew up in a very artistic environment. I was born in a musician family and enjoyed the rehearsals outdoor in the backyard. I was just 3 years old and started to play with paper dolls and I started to paint and taking art lessons when I was 7 years old.
- What gets your creative juices flowing?
I like to listen music, love classic music, jazz and the Great divas. I love to interact, dance and feel the vibration and feelings of the story I’m building up.
Diana Rosa painting "Juicy Glove" 48" x 30"
- How do you determine the size of your work? Square vs. Rectangle. What’s your preference any why?
I like all sizes and shapes. I analyze the story and the space I need to execute the scene. The square size is more theatrical and the rectangle is more anecdotic.
- Do you have any phrases or words written in your studio? What are they and why are they there?
I don’t have any phrases or words in my studio, but I have an uplifting phrase as a philosophy -Life is Beautiful- It means that life is enjoyable, and we can find beauty everywhere. Beauty flows from love.
- What drink & food do you think is best to consume while viewing your artwork?
You could have a cup of coffee of a glass of wine.
"Let it Bloom" 48" x 48" Acrylic on Canvas
- Name three things that have no monetary value that you own, but you love dearly and will keep forever.
My thoughts, dreams and feelings
- Describe your artistic style in three words.
Bold -Expontaneous - Symbolic